EFFECTIVE DATE JULY 01, 2022
A Curious Mind, LLC. and its affiliates and subsidiaries, (“A CURIOUS MIND,” “WE,” “US,” “OUR,” or the “COMPANY”) are committed to protecting the privacy of its customers, business partners, and visitors to its Websites.
Personal Information We Collect
- Account: When you sign up for an account with us, we ask for and collect personal information such as your name, email address, billing address, and payment information. We store this information with your account and use it for contact, billing, identification and authentication.
- Services: When you use our Services, we store, process and transmit your data and information related to it including analytics, logs, plan selections, and usage activity. When you contact us, we keep a record of email and chat communications to address and resolve any issues you are facing.
- Usage: We collect information from and about the devices you use to access the Services. This includes things like IP addresses, the type of browser and device you use, the web page you visited before coming to our sites, and identifiers associated with your devices. Your devices (depending on their settings) may also transmit location information to the Services.
- Visitor usage: We collect the e-mail addresses of site visitors who communicate with us via e-mail or chat, aggregate information on what pages visitors access, and store any other information volunteered. We use this to improve our service as well as for support and sales.
- Surveys: From time to time we may collect information from customers via surveys. This information is used solely to improve the content of our web pages and the quality of our service and is not shared with any third parties.
- Data Storage: We may use third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run our Services. Although we own the code, databases, and all rights to the Services, you retain all rights to your data.
- Cookies: We also use “cookies” and various other tracking technologies (e.g., cookies, beacons and pixels) to collect and store information about your use of our Services. We use these tools to ensure that you receive a personalized experience, and to keep your account safe. Please refer to the “Cookies” section below for more information.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for various purposes, including:
- Providing, analyzing, and improving our Services.
- Communicating with you regarding our Services, and promotions.
- Ensuring network and information security.
- Dealing with legal disputes.
Purposes of Personal Information Processing Activities
We will only collect Personal Information about you that is relevant and limited to what is necessary. We generally use your Personal Information on the following basis:
- As required by law.
- As necessary for the performance of a contract with our customers and business partners.
- As necessary to pursue our legitimate business interests.
- With your explicit and informed consent.
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes for which it was original collected. If we need to use your Personal Information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your Personal Information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with applicable laws.
How We Share Your Personal Information with Third Parties
We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers and our affiliates where required by law, where it is necessary for performance of a contract or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
- Third-party Service Providers. We give certain trusted third parties access to your information. Those contractors assist us with credit card payment processing, data storage, and to help provide, improve, protect and promote our Services. All those contractors are required to sign contracts in which they promise to protect Personal Information using procedures reasonably similar to ours.
- Other Third Parties. We also may disclose Personal Information to payment processors, attorneys, collection agencies, or law enforcement authorities to address potentially any contract violations or illegal behavior. And we disclose any information demanded in a court order or otherwise required by law or to prevent imminent harm to persons or property. Finally, we may share Personal Information in connection with a corporate transaction, like a merger or sale of our company, or a sale of all or substantially all of our assets or of the product or service line you received from us, or a bankruptcy.
How You Can Access or Change Your Personal Information
You are entitled to review, correct, or amend your Personal Information, or to delete that information where it is inaccurate. You can access and change any Personal Information we store through your account(s) page(s) and your personal profile page.
Individuals who reside in the European Economic Area (including the United Kingdom) or Switzerland (collectively “EEA RESIDENTS”), should refer to the International Users & Data Section below for more information regarding their rights in relation to their Personal Information under the applicable laws and regulations.
- To make our Services function properly;
- To provide a secure browsing experience during your use of our Services;
- To collect passive information about your use of our Services to help us improve our Services; and
- To remember your preferences for your convenience.
- Types of Cookies on Our Services. We use the following types of cookies on our Services:
- STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES. These cookies are essential because they enable you to move around and use our Services. For example, strictly necessary cookies allow you to access secure areas on our Services. Without these cookies, some services cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you for marketing purposes. This category of cookies is essential for our Services to work and they cannot be disabled.
- FUNCTIONAL COOKIES. We use functional cookies to remember your choices so we can tailor our Services to provide you with enhanced features and personalized content. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your name or preferences on our Services. We do not use functional cookies to target you with online marketing. While these cookies can be disabled, this may result in less functionality during your use of our Services.
- PERFORMANCE OR ANALYTIC COOKIES. These cookies collect anonymous passive information about how you use our Services, including webpages you visit, and links you click. We use the information collected by such cookies to improve and optimize our Services. We do not use these cookies to target you with online marketing. You can disable these cookies.
- ADVERTISING COOKIES. These cookies are used to deliver advertisements based on your interests and preferences. They collection passive information about you to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They remember when you have visited a website and such information may be shared with advertisers or other organizations. For example, after visiting our Services, you may see advertisements about our Services elsewhere on the Internet. You can disable these cookies as described below under “How to Manage Cookies.”
- THIRD-PARTY COOKIES. These are cookies that are provided by a third-party service provider and belong in one of the cookie categories described above. We may use third-party cookies on our Services, but we do not control what information is collected by third-party cookies nor how it is used. If you would like more information on how a certain third party uses cookie information, please visit their website to find out.
- How to Manage Cookies. Depending on whether you would like to manage a first-party or third-party cookie, you will need to take the following steps:
- FIRST-PARTY (OR A CURIOUS MIND’S) COOKIES. You can enable, disable or delete cookies through the browser you are using to access our Services. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note, if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of our Services, and/or parts of the Services may not work properly for you. You can find more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- THIRD-PARTY COOKIES. You can disable cookies from participating advertising companies or only advertising provided by specific advertising companies. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, see https://www.aboutads.info/consumers and to opt-out of such ad networks’ and services’ advertising practices, go to https://www.aboutads.info/choices.
Data Security, Integrity and Retention
One of Message Aid’s top priorities is protecting your Personal Information. Message Aid employs commercially reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help protect and secure your Personal Information. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breaches and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so. Unfortunately, no data transmission can be 100% secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Services. By using our Services, you acknowledge and agree that we make no such guarantee, and that you use our Services at your own risk.
Retention of Personal Information
We store your Personal Information securely throughout the life of your Account. We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting obligations or to resolve disputes. The criteria we use to determine storage periods include the applicable contractual provisions that are in force, legal statutory limitation periods, applicable regulatory requirements and industry standards.
Third-Party Links on Our Websites
You may find links to other websites, third party applications, and widgets on our Services that we do not own or control (“Third-Party Links”). Message Aid is not responsible for the content on Third-Party Links, nor do we endorse or review the privacy practices of such websites. You should read the privacy policies of such third-party services to understand how your Personal Information will be handled before using their websites or services.
Do Not Track
Any and all issues related to Privacy Shield are subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Customers may invoke binding arbitration to resolve such matters.
Children’s Personal Information
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect Personal Information from minors. If you are under 18, you may use our Services only with your parent or guardian’s consent. Please contact us if you believe we have collected Personal Information about a child without consent so we can take action to prevent such access and to delete their information from our Services.
International Transfer of Information
International Users & Data
Legal Bases for processing Personal Information
Our legal bases for processing under EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) or any equivalent legislation is described above in the sections entitled “Purposes of Personal Information Processing Activities.” We may process your Personal Information if you consent to the processing, to satisfy our legal obligations, if it is necessary to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we entered with you or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you, or for legitimate interests, such as improving our Services, monitoring trends and developing new products.
If you are located in the EEA or Switzerland and a current customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about our Services that are similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer and located in the EEA or Switzerland, we will contact you if you are located in the EU by electronic means for marketing purposes only if you have consented to such communication. You have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by using the unsubscribe options in the email marketing communications sent by us.
EEA Residents have the following rights, which can be exercised by contacting us at email@example.com so that we may consider your request under applicable law.
You have the right to request access to your Personal Information. This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. You can also access and change any Personal Information we store through your account page. You have the right to request the correction of any Personal Information we hold about you, and to request erasure of your Personal Information data. You have the right to object to your Personal Information being processed by us where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party). Where your Personal Information is processed on the basis of your consent, you have a right to withdraw your consent at any time by notifying us, but this will not affect the lawfulness of processing by Company based on consent given by you before the time consent has been withdrawn. You have the right to request that we suspend the processing of Personal Information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it. If you do ask us to delete or stop processing your Personal Information, we will not always be required to do so. If this is the case, we will explain why.
You also have the right to request the transfer your Personal Information to another service provider or a third party. This right only applies in certain circumstances. Where it does not apply, we will explain why.
In your reside in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a national data protection supervisory authority in your country of residence. You can find your supervisory authority name and contact details under https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
The rights described above may be limited by local laws. Further, your right of access and deletion is not absolute and may not be available if fulfillment of such right would, among other things:
- cause interference with execution and enforcement of the law and legal private rights (such as in the case of the investigation or detection of offenses and legal claims or the right to a fair trial);
- breach or prejudice the rights of confidentiality and security of others;
- prejudice security or grievance investigations, corporate re-organizations, future and ongoing negotiations with third parties, the compliance with regulatory requirements relating to economic and financial management; or
- where the burden or cost of providing access would be disproportionate or the interest of others would otherwise be violated.